ShawnDavidStruckShawnDavidStruck

Main Audio Favorites Reviews Stats 4 Fans

Armored Fighter : New War Armored Fighter : New War

Um...

Please, PLEASE tell me the mangled Enligh in the beginning is a tribute to Zero wing. Right? Right?

Happy New Year 2011 Happy New Year 2011

A fun game, marred by...

A fun game that is marred by tortured, near incomprehensible English. A pity,t oo, because the "reflection" mechanic is both a great thematic nod to theidea of the new year and an interesting gamepaly device.

Johnny in an art game? Johnny in an art game?

Aha!

I see that you have been inspired by the "art" game Why This? Great piss take.

One Chance One Chance

So close

The concept is brilliant. The artwork is well done. The soundtrack is fitting and poignant. The little background details showing the world slowly collapsing and breaking down are great?

The explanation for the plague is poorly written. What you can accomplish, or not accomplish is more than unclear, it's non-existent. And the supporting characters have as much depth as carboard cutouts.

Why this? Why this?

Huhn.

"Why this?"

That's funny, after clicking through and playing this "game", I was asking myself that exact question! Uninspired story, music used better elsewhere, minial interaction... waste of time.

10 step guide to nerdism 10 step guide to nerdism

Wait, what?

Gay as a pejorative? That's more of a grade school insult, pal.

IzakFlashMan responds:

lol wut?1

Looming Looming

onderful presentation, but...

...the prose here was so purple, I daresay if I licked the monitor it would taste faintly of grape.

Seriously, the letters between the lovers and the found entries had some of the most overwrought prose ever. :(

Sprocket Rocket Sprocket Rocket

Oh Gromit. :(

This game makes you think. It requires cleverness and innovation, a good grasp of how basic mechanics, such as levers and torque, work. I find it not at all surprising that the tool I found myself using the absolute most was a triangle-toothed single-ended lockpick with a spear-end on the other side.

It's simply brilliant, to put it mildly. It was a fun, inventive game, Wallace and Gromit are amusing characters that make me all nostalgic, the music was phenomenal for the most part, the science-fiction idea of using a little pod to fly around in was good. It could've used some more complexity, such as being able to attach additional hinges to the mechanism I was creating, but all in all it was fantastic.

However, there is an achillies heel of this submission; a fatal flaw, a root-deep taint that begins in the core and radiates outwards, a flaw which compells me to smite down upon the entry (inasmuch as such is within my power) with what furious anger I may, and rest assured it gives me no substantial pleasure to do so in giving this otherwise SPECTACULAR submission a 0/5 and 0/10 for this reason:

The PERVASIVE taint of reeking, malodorous propaganda.

Every one of those blue signs made me roll my head in disgust, but most especially the one where it said that property should be respected. It's (mostly) subtle, but it made me feel a cold chill inside me, every time one of those came up. It's sadly reminiscent of "Don't copy that flopy," and "would you steal a car? Then don't download this movie."

Games are about FUN, not being preached too. Especially intriguing, makes-you-think physics-based puzzlers. I don't want to take time out from the thinking, the planning, the plotting and the scheming, the "how am I gonna get that cog to my ship," contemplations, to listen to what feels like a patronizing person standing over me, wagging a finger and preaching about IP and copyright and patents and trademarks.

Gibbets 2 Gibbets 2

Okay enough physics

But I don't think the game author is quite aware of the cultural implications of showing a person of color swinging from a noose. Even though you're rescuing them and even though the author isn't from the US, images don't exists in a vacuum.

Social Networking Wars Social Networking Wars

WOW.

Best voice acting in a little flash game ever!

I'd also like to request a Sara Haskins game, please.